Playful Ways to Engage Learners Online - Module 1
Time & Location
About this Workshop
Join Better Together Labs for their highly acclaimed online workshop:
Playful Ways to Engage Learners Online - Module 1!
Tuesday November 17, 2020, 3:30pm-5:00pm Pacific
This hands-on workshop will explore online games and activities that foster engagement, provide a sense of community, and leave your learners looking forward to more. Please note- workshops can be taken in any order!
Workshop highlights include:
- How to use online conferencing platforms (especially Zoom) effectively in a classroom setting
- Using Breakout Rooms to engage all types of learners
- Icebreakers and activities that spark imagination
- How to create a space for participants to connect and laugh with each other
- Interactive discussion of workshop learnings in collaboration with other educators
You'll learn directly with Mallory Penney and Reggie Harris of Better Together Labs. Better Together Labs’ mission is to equip educators with the tools and skills to meet today’s challenges in a way that inspires joy and engages minds.
What other school administrators and educators are saying about this webinar:
- “Thank you. That was the most fun, educational Zoom call I have ever attended.”
- “I loved the high energy of both presenters and the transparency of each activity. We did a lot of new things that I had not done before.”
- “This was truly FANTASTIC and one of the most useful and enjoyable Zoom sessions that I have attended. It would be incredible to have continued learning opportunities with you or a way to allow our teachers to learn with you. Thank you for your work!”
- “Great energy and clear instructions. Thank you!”
- “I learned so many fun, practical, engaging strategies and activities that I can use with my students and that I can share with my teachers. I loved how clearly everything was explained and how much fun you made the learning.
To ensure a great webinar, we suggest you participate from a laptop or desktop It’s harder to see and participate from a mobile device. Also, make sure you have video capability!
We will be recording this session and Better Together Labs may use portions of this recording for marketing and educational purposes.
About the folks at Better Together Labs:
Reggie Harris has held key positions at prominent Silicon Valley companies including Google and Dropbox and has provided his skills for a number of nonprofits. He has a degree in Computer Science with honors from Harvard University and his work is heavily influenced by the philosophies and techniques of improvisation.
Mallory Penney is passionate about youth education, and has been an educator for the past 8 years. Since the start of quarantine, she has been working closely with educators around the world to help them enhance their online teaching skills. Mallory is a member of the Applied Improvisation Network and holds a B.A. in Theater and Performance Studies from the University of California, Berkeley.